Calibrators are vitally important equipment testing and maintenance devices for setting up your tools, systems, machinery and processes to ensure they’re functioning precisely as needed - and for checking that they continue to perform to optimal standards while in ongoing everyday use.
We stock a range of different calibrator types from respected monitoring and testing companies including Chauvin Arnoux, Druck, AOIP Instrumentation, Gossen Metrawatt, Fluke, and Time Electronic, as well as from our own brand RS PRO line offering a high quality, valuable alternative.
What type of calibration device do I need?
- Current and voltage calibrators and current loop calibrators are typically battery or mains-powered instruments that combine rugged build quality with a compact, lightweight, portable and easy to use interface.
- This makes them ideal for convenient deployment in wide a range of laboratory, field and industrial environments
- Electrical calibration, often called DC/low-frequency metrology, involves verifying and adjusting devices that measure/test electrical parameters
- Current and voltage calibrators tend to be designed around everyday workplace applications like general maintenance, commissioning, verification, troubleshooting, and testing/adjustment
- More advanced models may offer increased precision, and include functions such as portable voltage sources for signal injection, in addition to basic calibration settings for multimeters and other measurement devices
- Multifunction calibrators are so-called because they can often simulate multiple DC (direct current) signals including voltage, current, frequency, pulse, resistance and power.
- The ability to read many different common process signals, rather than just one of the above, makes them well suited to measuring and verifying a wide range of sensors, transmitters and instruments
- Calibrator accessories in our product range include a handy selection of batteries, chargers, cases, adapters, pressure sensors and modules, pneumatic stations, and power supply units (PSUs).
- Our selection of accessory types for current and voltage calibrators, current loop calibrators and multifunction calibrators are compatible with a variety of leading brands and device models